Bondi Beach and Surrounds Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Bondi Beach and Surrounds Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing bondi.sydney.place for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Bondi Beach and Surrounds for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Bondi Beach and Surrounds?
Bondi Beach and Surrounds Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and Around Bondi Beach and Surrounds in New South Wales, Australia
Bondi Beach is located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney and is well-known for its beautiful golden sandy beach, iconic surf culture and relaxed atmosphere. But did you know that this area is also home to a number of art galleries, museums and historical venues? Here we introduce some of the most noteworthy places to explore in Bondi Beach and surrounds.
- Bondi Pavilion Gallery: Located in the Bondi Pavilion, this gallery showcases the works of local and international artists, offering a varied and dynamic program of exhibitions throughout the year. Address: Queen Elizabeth Drive, Bondi Beach.
- Alpha Gallery: This contemporary art space features a combination of artworks from established and emerging artists from Australia and overseas. It is a favoured place for locals to discover new works. Address: 226 Oxford Street, Paddington.
- Waverley Woollahra Art School & Gallery: This community art school and gallery offers classes for children and adults in a variety of art forms. The gallery exhibits works by its students and faculty members. Address: 138 Bondi Road, Bondi.
- Bondi Pavilion Museum: Situated in the Bondi Pavilion building, this small museum houses displays and photographs on the history of Bondi. It is worth a visit to learn more about the area's fascinating past. Address: Queen Elizabeth Drive, Bondi Beach.
- Finding Sydney: This maritime museum is located in a former navy base in nearby Rose Bay. It tells the story of the loss of the 200-year-old ship “Sydney” which mysteriously disappeared and was discovered in 2008 off the western Australian coast. Address: New South Head Road, Rose Bay.
- Museums Discovery Centre: This large museum is home to more than one million objects from the collections of the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences. It has an ever-changing program of exhibitions and events. Address: 172 Showground Road, Castle Hill.
- Vaucluse House: A stately mansion that was built in 1803 by William Charles Wentworth, one of Australia’s leading figures in colonial government and exploration. Visitors can experience life in the 19th century and explore the estate's gorgeous gardens. Address: Wentworth Road, Vaucluse.
- Hyde Park Barracks Museum: This museum is a former convict barracks and courthouse dating back to 1819. It provides insight into the lives of convicts and their living conditions. Address: Queens Square, Macquarie Street, Sydney.
- Elizabeth Bay House: This 1830s mansion is situated on a hill overlooking Elizabeth Bay. It features one of Sydney's finest collections of early 19th-century furniture, art and decorative objects. Address: 7 Onslow Avenue, Elizabeth Bay.
Those were just some of the art galleries, museums and historical venues to visit in and around Bondi Beach and surrounds. Each of them is worth a visit for different reasons, from discovering new art and exploring local history to learning about the lives of early convicts. So, next time you are in Bondi Beach, take a break from the beachfront and check out some of these cultural gems.
Bondi Beach and Surrounds Galleries and Museums Articles